Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Adult Children

Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it (Mark 10:15 NIV).


Children are well aware of their dependency and are comfortable with it—as long as the adults in their lives are reasonable and caring. We adults are not so different. Life is less perplexing and overwhelming when we have a wiser, more capable Person to depend on.

"Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you" (1 Peter 5:7 NIV).

Children love to be mommy’s or daddy’s little helpers. Adults, too, are highly motivated to work well when they are working for someone they esteem and emulate. And we all are working for such a Person, regardless of who our earthly supervisors or clients are.

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters (Col. 3:23 NIV).

I believe I will take a good look at children this week. The closer I get to being an adult child, the better I will relate to my King.

Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it (Mark 10:15 NIV).

No comments: